Welcome to the AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania dental provider network. We are committed to offering a dental benefit program that ensures access to high-quality oral health care. To realize our commitment to our members, providers, and stakeholders, AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania is contracting directly with dental providers to foster closer relationships between the health plan, our participating dentists, and our members.
Opioid resources for dental providers
- Benefits of being a dental provider (PDF)
- Dental benefit limit exception form (PDF)
- Dental Check® program booklet (PDF)
- Dental cultural competency (PDF)
- Dental provider reference guide (PDF)
- 2023 dental provider supplement (PDF)
- 2023 dental provider supplement updates (PDF)
- Dental tobacco flyer (PDF)
- Electronic funds transfer authorization (PDF)
- Member copayment schedule (PDF)
- Orthodontic Continuation of Care (PDF)
- Silver diamine fluoride (PDF)
Dental Medical Assistance Bulletins
Promoting Smoking and Tobacco Cessation
Want to become a participating dental provider with us?
Visit the provider credentialing page.
Already a dental provider with AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania?
Access our dental provider web portal.
Dental Provider Communications
Dental Training and Education
Cultural Competency for Oral Health Professionals
- As the population becomes more ethnically diverse, providers need to respond to patients’ varied perspectives, values, and behaviors about health and well-being. Failure to understand and manage social and cultural differences may have significant health consequences for minority groups in particular. Take the Cultural Competency Program for Oral Health Professionals for dental assistants, dental hygienists, dentists, dental specialists, and any other oral health professional who has the unique opportunity to help break down cultural and social barriers to improve access to quality oral care and oral health outcomes of all patients.
- Participants can earn up to 6 continuing education units (CEUs)
PA Coalition for Oral Health (PCOH) Webinars
PA Age One Connect the Dots
- The “PA Age One Connect the Dots” Project supports the current standard of care in the AAPD, ADA, and AAP national recommendations. This workshop educates dental providers to do “Knee-to-Knee” examinations, to understand the importance of the Age One, or baby dental visit, to see more young children in their practices, to increase their productivity by accepting referrals from physicians who are advising families to take their child to the dentist by “Age One” and to bill for preventive services to avoid early childhood caries.
- 1.5 CEUs
Introduction to Cavity Free Kids Curriculum
- In this curriculum, oral health is presented as an ongoing part of preschool education and includes classroom activities and parent and education materials for use in parent meetings and home visits. Cavity Free Kids was specifically designed for use in Head Start and ECEAP Programs, but has since been expanded to include all audiences that work with children. This abbreviated introductory course will motivate dental professionals to work with their community groups to better the oral health literacy of those around them.
- 1.5 CEUs
Smiles! Oral Health for Everyone: An Introduction to Oral Health for Community Health Workers
- Community Health Workers can help to improve oral health because they are already trusted members of the community and understand community needs; they promote prevention and manage chronic diseases for the rest of the body. Since CHWs have regular, consistent contact with individuals and families, they are able to be valuable resources for oral health information.
- No CEUs available
HPV Vaccine: Recommendations and Information for Your Patients
- Dental Let Us Know program
Let us know about any issues or barriers to dental care our members may experience.
- Pediatric Preventive Dental Pay-for-Performance (P4P) Program (PDF)
Information about the Pediatric Preventive Dental P4P Program.