Welcome to the AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania dental provider network. We are committed to offering a dental benefit program that ensures access to high-quality oral health care. We are proud that you will provide dental services to our members directly through your agreement with us.
The CDC is closely monitoring the outbreak of a respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, and continues to spread. On February 11, 2020, the World Health Organization named the disease coronavirus disease 2019 (abbreviated as COVID-19). You can find more details, including evaluation resources as well as CDC alerts and resources, in our COVID-19 dental provider announcement (PDF).
Opioid resources for dental provider
- Benefits of Being a Dental Provider (PDF)
- Dental Benefit Limit Exception Form (PDF)
- Dental Cultural Competency (PDF)
- Dental Map (PDF)
- Dental Provider Reference Guide (PDF)
- Dental Provider Supplement (PDF)
- Dental Tobacco Flyer (PDF)
- Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization (PDF)
- Member Copayment Schedule (PDF)
- PA Guidelines on the Use of Opioids in Dental Practice (PDF)
- Silver Diamine Fluoride (PDF)
Want to become a participating dental provider with us?
Visit the provider credentialing page.
Already a dental provider with AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania?
Access our dental provider web portal.
Dental Provider Communications
Dental Training and Education
Cultural Competency for Oral Health Professionals
- As the population becomes more ethnically diverse, providers need to respond to patients’ varied perspectives, values, and behaviors about health and well-being. Failure to understand and manage social and cultural differences may have significant health consequences for minority groups in particular. Take the Cultural Competency Program for Oral Health Professionals for dental assistants, dental hygienists, dentists, dental specialists, and any other oral health professional who has the unique opportunity to help break down cultural and social barriers to improve access to quality oral care and oral health outcomes of all patients.
- Participants can earn up to 6 continuing education units (CEUs)
PA Coalition for Oral Health (PCOH) Webinars
PA Age One Connect the Dots
- The “PA Age One Connect the Dots” Project supports the current standard of care in the AAPD, ADA, and AAP national recommendations. This workshop educates dental providers to do “Knee-to-Knee” examinations, to understand the importance of the Age One, or baby dental visit, to see more young children in their practices, to increase their productivity by accepting referrals from physicians who are advising families to take their child to the dentist by “Age One” and to bill for preventive services to avoid early childhood caries.
- 1.5 CEUs
Introduction to Cavity Free Kids Curriculum
- In this curriculum, oral health is presented as an ongoing part of preschool education and includes classroom activities and parent and education materials for use in parent meetings and home visits. Cavity Free Kids was specifically designed for use in Head Start and ECEAP Programs, but has since been expanded to include all audiences that work with children. This abbreviated introductory course will motivate dental professionals to work with their community groups to better the oral health literacy of those around them.
- 1.5 CEUs
Smiles! Oral Health for Everyone: An Introduction to Oral Health for Community Health Workers
- Community Health Workers can help to improve oral health because they are already trusted members of the community and understand community needs; they promote prevention and manage chronic diseases for the rest of the body. Since CHWs have regular, consistent contact with individuals and families, they are able to be valuable resources for oral health information.
- No CEUs available
HPV Vaccine: Recommendations and Information for Your Patients
- Dental Check
Integrating the goals and values of providing high-quality care.
- Dental Let Us Know program
Let us know about any issues or barriers to dental care our members may experience.
- Pediatric Preventive Dental Pay-for-Performance (P4P) Program (PDF)
Information about the Pediatric Preventive Dental P4P Program.