Pregnancy - Bright Start®
Bright Start is a special program for our pregnant members.
When you join Bright Start, a care manager will call you and work with you to help you receive and use program services. If your pregnancy is high-risk, a team of nurses and care connectors will check in with you often to help you stay connected to care during your pregnancy. Call 1-877-364-6797 or visit the member portal today to join.
What can the Bright Start program do for me?
- Get help signing up for childbirth and other health information classes.
- Get help choosing a doctor who is right for you.
- Get information on prenatal vitamins and eating right during your pregnancy.
- Work with your doctor and dentist to help make sure you get the care you need. Having healthy teeth and gums is very important during pregnancy.
- Give you information and resources to help you have a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.
Join Bright Start today.
To join Bright Start, please call 1-877-364-6797.
Or, you can log in to the member portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program.
If you are a part of but no longer want to be in Bright Start, call 1-877-364-6797. Leaving the program will not change your benefits. It will also not change the way AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania or the Department of Human Services (DHS) treats you.
Keys to Your Care®
Keys to Your Care is a special texting and outreach program for AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania members who are pregnant, brought to you by Bright Start, our maternity program.
Keys to Your Care will send you text messages every week during your pregnancy, and for the first few weeks after your baby is born.
There is no cost to receive these text messages; however, message and data rates may apply. You can cancel any time by texting STOP to 85886.
Text BABY to 85886 to join the Keys to Your Care program.
Join today. As part of the program, you can earn*:
- Gift card for joining the program.
- Cribette package for going to at least 8 of your prenatal doctor visits by 36 weeks of pregnancy or at delivery.
Don't have access to texting? Call 1-855-226-4055 (TTY 711) to join Keys to Your Care.
*You will receive your reward only if you are an AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania member at the time of your prenatal or postpartum visits.
For more tips and information on pregnancy, view the Bright Start information booklet (PDF) or refer to these online resources: