Care for your children - EPSDT
AmeriHealth Caritas covers pediatric preventive care for members younger than 21 years old. This special health care program is called Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT). EPSDT was created to make sure that children get the medical check-ups, tests, and immunizations (shots) they need. This will help prevent early childhood diseases and illnesses and allow you to learn more about them.
To sign up for care for your children, log in to the member portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program to get started.
What EPSDT services does my child's PCP offer?
- Well-child visits with a complete physical exam
- Immunizations (shots)
- Laboratory tests, including blood and urine
- Vision and hearing tests
- Dental screenings and referrals
- TB testing
- Health education
- Full health and developmental history
- Blood-lead level tests
- Development and nutritional checks
- Recommendations to a specialist, when medically needed
To keep your children healthy, make sure you schedule regular EPSDT screenings with your child's primary care practitioner (PCP).
Who do I call if I have questions about the EPSDT program?
If you have questions or want to find out more about this program, you can call 1-855-300-8334. Ask for an EPSDT care connector who can:
- Help you understand the EPSDT program
- Answer your questions
- Remind you to schedule EPSDT screens
- Help you make an appointment
- Work with your child's PCP
- Assist you in setting up transportation
If you need to find an AmeriHealth Caritas doctor, please go to the provider directory. You can also call Member Services.
Nurse Call Line 1-866-566-1513
Keys to Your Care® Healthy Baby Program
Keys to Your Care Healthy Baby program is a special texting and outreach program for parents and guardians of AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania members up to 15 months old.
This program will send you text messages during your baby’s first 15 months.
Text GROW to 85886 to join the Keys to Your Care Healthy Baby program.
There is no cost to receive these text messages; however, message and data rates may apply. You can cancel any time by texting STOP to 85886.
- A $10 gift card for joining the program.
- Up to $70 in gift cards for baby going to well visits.
Don't have access to texting? Call 1-800-910-2959 (TTY 711) to join Keys to Your Care Healthy Baby program.